With Spring finally here, it's time to get out the calendar and look at the maps! And there is nothing like planning the first trip of warmer weather...err...wait a minute. Oh, sorry! I just checked the 10 day forcast for Montana and it shows possible snow/rain showers!! Looks like I'm going to have to wave my magic wand for cloudy, overcast skies and a hint of sunshine. But, that's ok...we will be prepared for whatever mother nature brings.
One of my favorite things about a road trip is the travel time. Sure, I want to get to the destination like everyone else...but, I also enjoy the drive along the way. So, as I am planning the trip for the weekend coming up, I find myself in the garage finding the cooler, thermos and camp chairs. And now to plan the menu. It isn't hard to plan lunches for the road. But, I thought it would be fun for me to share my idea of roadie food and let the rest of you suggest a few of your favorites that I might like to add to the lineup!
|My favorite Starbucks coffee cake...Choc Chip Banana...mmmm|
|Why am I posting this late at night? Now, I'm hungry!|
- Sandwiches are always great for a trip. My personal favorite is a pastrami/swiss on sourdough or rye. My visit to the deli the day before I leave will include these items for sure!
- Good old peanut butter and jelly is great for kids. It's also great for adults like me!! Pay just a few more pennies and get the peanut butter in the tube. No messy knives and it's smaller than a jar. If you have spare packets of jelly from eating out, use those or buy jelly in the tube, too.
- Potato salad or pasta salad...kept in the cooler, it will last for two days.
- Chips, crackers and cheeses. And a dry salami stick...packed. Nothing is more fun than putting together a plate of cheese and crackers along the way! Cheese sticks are perfect for a snack too.
- Fruits and veggies. Apples, oranges, grapes. Carrot sticks and celery are great too.
- Cookies ~ Nutter Butters and Chips Ahoy. Enough said. = )
- Drinks - Of course, the Diet Coke must be the first on the list to make a journey out! I also like to freeze bottles of lemonade and let them thaw along the way! And a pack of 24 on the water shouold do it!
- Time to splurge a little bit and unwind at a local restaurant after a long day of fishing...