Ahhh... "Memories. Like the corners of my mind... Misty water-colored memories..." Oh, hello there. Don't mind me, I'm just
rehashing reflecting back like a lot of bloggers do at this time of year. Whew! Yes, the RD Adventure Train was on the fast track. If I was to post up all of the places that I have journeyed to in 2012... Well, let's not go there. That's 100+ days on the water! We just don't have the time or space. And we surely don't want to bore you with a lengthy recollection as "Troutrageous" has written about. No, let's just keep it...
First of all, I don't have just 5
Or 6 (Don't go to sleep, Mike!) I have the lucky #7. But, hey, you just can't cut off the last two because they came late in the game...
1. Wayne 2. Alan 3. Jimmy 4. Donny 5. Jay 6. Marie 7. Merrill
Ok, now that I have impressed you with my vast knowledge of The Osmonds...
RD's "Fab 7" Fishin' Trips in 2012
(In no specific order...Because all my trips kick...a#*!)
7. The Ruby River, MT. ~ My first arctic grayling... Yes, it was a big deal. Only a few rivers in the U.S. have this species...
6. The Madison River, MT. ~ I can always count on a nice brown on the Maddy... Hence, it is always on my list each year to
search and destroy revisit.
5. Yellowstone River, YNP, WY. ~ I wasn't sure that I wanted to make the climb down... But, the fat rainbow was worth it and that bear spray gave me all the confidence in the world. Ha. Yes, I did carry it on me throughout the park.
4. The Beaverhead, MT. ~ This became a semi-annual trek for me because I had such a great trip the first time. Maynard and Ernie were great fishing buddies! And the taco bus was "muy bueno"!
3. Flaming Gorge ~ Green River, UT. ~ A river only four hours from home and now becoming one of my favorites... Not only does it have scenery maximus, but the bruisers that lie beneath are second to none. Incredible...
Just ask my friends, Jeri and Willis (aka: Big Will) !!
Talk to me... Mr. Brown Trout!
2. River X ~ Somewhere out of state, out of mind! Another great journey to find big, brown trout that taunt like no others... Always a great time fishing with Rebecca each year. This time, I even got to be the "net gal" for the biggun' because of the strong current... Screams? YES! It was a hoot...
|Was I happy to find this guy on my last|
cast at dusk? Heck, YES!!!
Is everyone still with me? Squatch, are you awake? Certainly hope so... because
1. Ham's Fork, WY. ~ With none other than Mr. Troutrageous (aka: Tenkara Sasquatch) You know, when you get to host someone from back East, you try to find water and scenery that will be different... Well, we certainly found a beautiful spot with a lot of fish (Bonus!) I thank T! for joining me on his "off day" while attending the Tenkara Summit in Salt Lake City. We even had a bit of Smokey and the Bandit action at the end of the trip... Haha.
Now, roll your R's..."Tenkarrrra"!
Yes, there will be a lot of great memories from 2012. The River Damsel visited many beautiful locations and fished with a lot of just "down to earth", fantastic people! What more could you ask for? The only thing left to do this year is to attend Howard's New Year's Eve Party.
|Bwahahaha!!! Fly Fishing Bloggers do the craziest things...|
And Howard, I'm afraid that I will have to wear my Halloween costume... = )
It's all that I have on short notice!