Let's start with the answer to the question last week...Why did I lose my Buffalo Midges to a hungry trout EACH time I had a strike? I would bring in the fish, and it would break off right before I put out the net. After much investigation, it has been declared:
Improved Clinch Knot
Used to attach tippet to fly
- Pass the line through the eye of the hook.
- Make five turns around the line.
- Pass the end of the line through the first loop, above the eye, and then through the large loop. Draw the knot into shape.
- Wet the knot to reduce friction, spit works well.
- "Wet the knot to reduce friction, spit works well". AHHHHHHHH!!!!! Ok...I was in a hurry and only had one hour left to fish. Absolutely forgot to spit on the tippet and secure the knot into place each time I replaced the fly!
- Slide the coils down tight against the eye.
Pass of the hook. ive turnsthe line. e ef
Finally, Fish Tuesday came and we landed the three that we lost last week. Hooray!
I will never forget again...
And I will definitely remember that the wind can play tricks with my photo taking!
Happy Weekend All !!! I've gone fishin' for a few days!