And so it has begun...a passing of the torch, so to speak. Howard, "Cofisher", author of Windknots and Tangled Lines, has passed on the "Versatile Blogger Award" to seven different bloggers. I was surprised delighted to have been nominated for this prestigious award. Thank you, Howard. It is always an honor to be named in a circle of those blogging friends that you admire. According to my friends and family though...I'm not really as much "versatile" as I am "all over the map!" Haha... It would be very tough for me to talk about the same thing day in, day out. I mean...you can only have so much of "Brown Trout"! (Well, maybe not.)
It is highly encouraged that recipients of blogger awards follow the spirit of sharing with other bloggers. The Versatile Blogger Award requests the following:
Post your acceptance\acknowledgement of the reward on your blog. Adding the image to you overall layout is a nice touch as well.
Tell 10 things about yourself that your readers may not know about you and your blog.
Nominate 7 other blogs for this Versatile Blogger Award. This can be far more of a challenge than one might suspect. Hopefully no one is upset by my selections or non-selections as it were. I follow some awesome blogs and when I think of "Versatile" ...I think of what the word really means... "Capable of doing many things competently"... As awkward as this is to pick out a few, here we go...
My "Versatile Blogger Nominations" go to the following and in no specific order:
1. Owl JonesThis guy talks about everything under the sun...including his GSMNP travels. And if I didn't know him as well as I do, I would have thought that he would have started a write-in campaign for President by now! J/K... This brook trout lover has funny videos like no other!!! (I especially like the Cardboard Howard and Rebecca slam down)
2. TroutrageousBesides the fact that he graces his blog with bikini clad women (which I ignore), I can usually find something to make me laugh at the beginning of my long work day. And Lilly is just something that no one else has on their blogs...right? Too cute!
3. Fontinalis RisingIf I was to give you one word to describe FR's blog, it would be this... Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! His writings stir the soul. The photography is amazing. And I now have a larger vocabulary after looking up a few new words!
4. FuncfishThis is the one blog that got me wondering if I might like to catch a bass someday... : )
5. BigerrfishI believeJosh can outfish most anyone, anytime, anywhere. I look forward to the day that I can prove that...and watch in awe.
6. Up The PoudreWhen I first read Sander's writings, I well...fell in love with those darn bulldogs! This guy has a remarable way of writing and keeping you enthralled with every word. But, don't ask him where his favorite spot on the Poudre is...haha. You could be fishing until dusk.
7. Mysteries Internal Oh, that Erin girl...she is so versatile in her posts! I believe that she could write about most anything! Wait! You want a story about a turtle? Leave it to Erin to bring her adventures to "life" for all of us to enjoy. It's truly a literary experience.
Ok, I just have to do it...Most Honorable Mention:
8. One Bug Is Fake What can you say about a blogger that doesn't want to have a blog...ok...forget that part of it. Brandon is the freelance blogger! So, I would have to say that he is the "Most Versatile Blogger" there is! Hey, he even wrote about how to not catch trout...hmmm. And what more can be said for someone that is trying the feat of 30 straight days of fishing???(I'm personally jealous)
There you have it, as close as I can come to naming a few of those "Versatile" bloggers out there. Now, for the "Top Ten" things that you don't know about me??? Hahahahaha. Like I am going to open up that can of worms... Today's Tippet: Never devulge highly classified information. Some "Mysteries" remain... Internal.