Ok.. We all have had our week or so to think and ponder over all that we want to do in the coming year. Are you tired of resolutions? I am! So, here's to reality... For the past couple of years, I have written up my "wish list" of places I want to visit and people that I want to meet or fish with. And I must say, that I have come pretty darn close in accomplishing most of my "wishes"... This year, I am going to be a realist. No wishing. I'm playing hard ball. The only items on my 2013 list are going to be ones that will get done. No impossible dreams. If you want to take a gander at what we did around here last year... Click on the tab up above, "Damsel 2011/2012". I stayed a pretty busy girl!
We're not messing around...
1. “Three Forks”, is the geographic confluence of the Madison, Jefferson and Gallatin Rivers in Montana and forms the headwaters of the Missouri, the longest river in the U.S. I've got to see this in person. Looks primo to me...
2. The Rocky Mountain Frenzy in Colorado returns... Join up with fly fishing bloggers for breakfast and then on to fish the beautiful rivers of Colorado! Looking at the last weekend in Sept or the first weekend in Oct right now... All are welcome to join in the fun. The Arkansas and Big Thompson are on tap so far... Come on down!!!
3. Deschutes River, Bend, Oregon. It is the home to a unique wild and native strain of Rainbow trout, known as "redband" trout. They have a more distinct and darker red stripe than the usual Rainbow. This will be an unforgettable journey for sure.
4. More Yellowstone. More Firehole. More Lamar. Oink!! I can never get enough of my little bit of heaven on earth...
5. My sabbatical to River X... This is a given every year. I come here for BIG brown trout! And they have yet to disappoint me.
So, there are the "totally possible dream trips" for 2013. Of course, I will find a few others along the way... And there will be adventure in every riffle...guaranteed. The River Damsel wouldn't have it any other way!
And if I had one "dream" trip that might be a 25/75 shot right now... It would be to see Niagra Falls and fish in Western NY... Or fish in Canada on some of the pristine water there. Or hop a jet and fly to Alaska. Yep, dreams... might as well make them big. = ) It's a heck of a lot more fun! See you back at the end of the year to see
if which one of these comes true!!!
Now, if you will excuse me while I go freeze my...