So, it has been announced that the "Epic Troutrageous ~ Owl Fishing Trip" is only a few weeks away...oh, wait a minute while I look at that Countdown Meter ... Yep, less than that now. Anyways, the fly fishing brothers are about to embark on a Smoky Mountain adventure... I thought it only fair to Mike Agneta, Mr. Troutrageous! to give him fair warning or shall we say some "Sunday Tippets" for his upcoming trip. I mean, I did experience fly fishing in the Smokies with Owl and Flyfish SC last Spring...so, who else would be better in giving a little bit of advice... Do you know the words to "Rocky Top"??? Lol.
Milliam will definitely keep things on an even keel...
I think. = )
Owl Jones dot com recently put out his announcement with an interesting list of promises for those who come to visit him and the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Here was his list... Listen up, and take note,
Mr. T! There is a lot to be said for reading between the lines... = )
1. Culture shock ~ What Owl really is saying here...is that you will see many new and different things. A Chicken Statue...Boiled Peanut vendors with a steaming barrel on the side of the road...those sort of things...
2. New food (fried pies, boiled peanuts, pork rinds, fried pickles, grits) ~ Well, you know that you have to try the favorites of Georgia while you are there...just be very careful not to eat too much of these goodies! You have been warned. But, you must have him take you to a BBQ with fried green beans and okra. Just sayin'! (You can easily put on 10 lbs in one weekend.) And don't put those pies in your suitcase to come home with... They won't make it. = ) And if you try the grits, you are one up on me...
3. Amazing fishing for 6 inch trout ~ OR LESS!!! Lol. No, that isn't a lure. Ok...to be fair, there are some 6 inch brookie beauties like this one too...
4. Live, first hand observation of redneck behavior ~ You don't have to look far to find redneck behavior... Their outdoor swings are a little strange though...
5. Camping with bears ~ Ya know, I had a perfect way to remain safe and sound from the bears. This will be my most important tippet to you. Get first dibbs on sleeping on the air mattress in the back of the SUV! Let the Georgia natives have the tents. = )
Thank you RD. Sage advice indeed. A little under two weeks to go. I'm taking these notes very serious, my own survival may be at stake!ReplyDelete
I think there will be a few good stories that come from this little adventure...looking forward to the postings. Good stuff RD...good to know that T! is listening :-)ReplyDelete
I'm sorry but did you just say "no way" that could happen again? oh boy.... :) LOLReplyDelete
T! - Glad to be of some help. I went out there totally blind and so maybe this can help prevent any unnecessary medical bills. Lol. Ahhhh, I'm just kidding there...ReplyDelete
Sanders - We know that there will be stories...how much truth there is in each one is under debate... : )ReplyDelete
Owl -. Absolutely...The power of positive thinking!ReplyDelete
Let the fun begin........ReplyDelete
I think it already has... = )ReplyDelete